Car crashes can be devastating. The aftermath can carry unexpected costs even if you’re prepared for a crash.
You can learn more about how to pursue compensation after someone’s negligence has cost you severely.
The Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. team is prepared to hear your story and walk you through collecting what you’re owed after a crash. We understand how overwhelming a car crash can be and how helpless you might feel when faced with lost wages, medical bills, or car repairs.
What Compensation and Damages Are Available in Car Accident Claims?
It’s possible to seek various damages after a car accident injures you or damages your vehicle critically. Understanding what’s available and how to pursue them can help direct your recovery. You can recover economic or non-economic damages.
What Are Economic Damages?
Economic damages are losses with a fixed monetary value. These losses are easily documented and can be readily apparent.
- Medical Expenses: any costs related to injury treatment after a car accident. That could be hospitalization, surgery, medication, ongoing treatments, or prescriptions. You may receive compensation for future medical expenses as well.
- Lost Income: possible income you couldn’t make while recovering from your accident. Lost wages could also include any kind of reduced earning potential if you couldn’t return to work in the same capacity as before your accident.
- Property Damage: the cost to repair or replace broken property. That could be your vehicle, clothing, or other items in your car damaged in the accident.
- Home Maintenance: the cost of modifying or updating your home to accommodate you after the crash. In some cases of severe injuries, homes need to be updated for crash victims to improve or allow mobility.
Working with a personal injury lawyer after a car crash could give you a clear picture of the physical losses you’ve experienced.
What Are Non-Economic Damages?
Non-Economic damages are more conceptual in nature. Also known as ‘emotional damages,’ these losses still have value compared to the physical losses in economic damages.
- Pain & Suffering: the grief felt because of physical or emotional anguish caused by injuries after your car accident. You can pursue damages for the suffering you’re going through.
- Scarring or Disfigurement: the value of your loss for permanent scarring, disability, or disfigurement. The injury they experienced may have created scars or changed their physical appearance. You have the right to pursue payment for that disfigurement.
- Loss of Consortium: being deprived of familial or intimate relations because of a negligent act. You could lose companionship, affection, love, comfort, or sexual intimacy after a crash. Family members who can no longer experience affection because of a crash can pursue a claim.
A personal injury lawyer can review your case and help determine any non-economic damages you could pursue.
At Staver, we have the awards that matter to you.
The Nation’s Top One Percent
The NADC is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence.
The National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
The premier trial lawyers from each state who meet a stringent criteria of success.
Nation’s Premier Top Ten Attorney
A prestigious award, recognizing the nation’s top 1% of personal injury attorneys.
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Limited to the best personal injury lawyers with million and multi-million dollar results.
Martindale-Hubbell - Peer Rated for Ethical Standards & Legal Ability
The gold standard in attorney ratings, recognizing legal ability and ethical standards.
If you’ve been hurt, it can be hard to know where to start. We begin every case with a free, no-risk evaluation. We’ll discuss your situation, answer your questions, and determine what comes next. Act now and get the recovery you deserve.
P: 888-988-7612Or fill out our online form
"*" indicates required fields