For more than 20 years, Staver Accident Injury Lawyers has fought for and won compensation on behalf of the injured across Illinois. Our lawyers have recovered over $30 million in settlements and verdicts for thousands of clients. We stand up to insurance companies because injured individuals have a right to be made whole.
Our Peoria, IL personal injury law firm is ready. There’s no upfront cost, and you pay us nothing unless you receive compensation.
I was involved in an accident back in February I retained their services. I was immediately helped professionally by their staff setup for physical therapy. They handled all of my paperwork & correspondence between the insurance company. In as little…
Awesome! Everyone I spoke to at the office was very helpful and my phone calls were returned promptly. I was a pedestrian in a hit and run downtown in August 2018 and within 90 days, Staver Law Group was able…
Staver Law Group did an excellent job with handling my injury case! I sustained minor injuries from an automotive accident. I walked away with about $16,000 after the firm took their share of the $25,000 total settlement. I have no…
Personal Injury Claims in Peoria
Our firm focuses on helping those who’ve been injured by negligence or wrongdoing. Each year, our lawyers help people like you in a wide area of injury claims throughout Peoria, from East Peoria to Marquette Heights.
Many of the nearly 300,000 car accidents statewide were preventable. When another driver’s negligence harms you, you deserve compensation for your physical and emotional injuries.
Truck accidents often result in severe, long-term injuries. Trucking companies and other parties who cut corners with safety should be held accountable for the harm they cause.
Other Traffic Accidents
Peoria drivers must avoid harming other motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorcycle riders. We pursue every dollar for the suffering caused by a reckless driver.
Negligent property owners fail to take reasonable measures to ensure a safe environment. Premises liability cases allow you to seek financial recovery.
Physicians and other medical providers should deliver health care according to accepted standards. When they breach this duty, they are open to medical malpractice lawsuits.
Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
Elderly and frail nursing home residents deserve protection from unscrupulous caregivers. From physical abuse to financial fraud, an attorney helps recover compensation and justice for victims or families.
Manufacturers who fail to properly test products or don’t warn consumers about potential risks should be held accountable. We identify all liable parties whose dangerous or defective products injure or sicken consumers.
Third-party workplace injuries happen more than you think. It’s your right to sue for compensation to pay for medical treatment, lost wages, pain and suffering, etc.
Dog Bites & Animal Attacks
Pet owners who fail to take precautions can be financially responsible for the harm caused by their dogs or other animals. This type of personal injury is terrifying, and you deserve compensation.
Illinois allows you to pursue damages for a wrongful death caused by negligence or wrongdoing. There is a two-year statute of limitations for wrongful death lawsuits.
Traumatic Brain & Other Catastrophic Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents and falls often cause traumatic brain injuries. These catastrophic injuries create mountains of bills that the liable party should cover.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Helps You
A personal injury attorney uses their knowledge and experience to help you get a fair settlement or fight for what’s right.
Civil liability and negligence laws in Illinois are complicated. And even though the staff at the Peoria Circuit Courthouse – where you file a personal injury lawsuit — are friendly, they are prohibited from giving you legal advice.
The insurance company has lawyers protecting their best interests. You deserve a strong legal advocate by your side.
Negligence in a Personal Injury Case
The cornerstone of a successful insurance claim is establishing negligence. Your attorney reviews your case, obtains evidence, and secures testimony to prove that negligence caused your injuries.
There are four elements in a personal injury case:
- Duty of Care – The other party owed you a duty of care to take the same prudent measures that another reasonable person would. For example, drivers have a duty of care to obey the speed limit and traffic signals.
- Breach of Care – Negligence occurs when someone breaches their duty of care for some reason, such as driving while intoxicated.
- Causation of Injuries – Causation shows the relationship between negligence and bodily injury. You’re injured because of a drunk driver who breached their duty of care and for no other reason.
- Financial Damages – Your injuries resulted in financial damages from hospital bills, car repairs, lost pay, mental health counseling, etc.
Statute of Limitations in Illinois
You have two years from the date of injury to file a personal injury lawsuit in Illinois. If you miss this deadline, the court will likely dismiss your complaint, and you cannot pursue compensation.
Personal Injury Compensation
A personal injury attorney in Peoria helps assigns value to your damages by classifying them as general or special compensatory damages.
Special damages are quantitative losses, such as a bill from a radiologist. General damages are less specific and include emotional distress. You have a right to be made whole for all your injuries.
Your damages may include:
- Medical care & treatment (past and future)
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Disability (temporary or permanent, total or partial)
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Final expenses (in wrongful death)
What You Should Not Do After an Accident
We can’t stress this point enough: the insurance company is not on your side. Their job is to put obstacles between your damages and the compensation you deserve.
- Don’t Give a Statement Right Away – Insurance companies like to tell victims that they must give a statement immediately. You don’t. You don’t have to speak to them when you work with a personal injury lawyer. When you’re injured, unwell, or taking medication that might cloud your judgment, the last thing you should do is make a statement to the insurance company. Instead, call Staver Accident Injury Lawyers. We’ll deal with the insurer.
- Lowball Offers Are Common – In our experience, accident victims don’t realize what their injury case might be worth. Naturally, an insurance company won’t tell you that you could seek more than they’re offering. Let a personal injury lawyer in Peoria counter-offer negotiate for top dollar on your behalf.
- Never Admit Fault – If you must talk to an insurance company before you speak to an attorney, stick to basic facts: date, time, location, and the make and model of your car. Do not take the bait if the adjuster implies that the crash was your fault. Give them the name and phone number of your attorney.
Hurt in Peoria? We Are Ready to Help
There’s no cost or risk to speaking with our injury lawyers. You pay nothing unless you receive compensation. If someone’s negligence harmed you or a loved one, call Staver Injury Accident Lawyers at (888) 425-8217 or use our online contact form. We do everything in our power to help make you whole again.
At Staver, we have the awards that matter to you.
The Nation’s Top One Percent
The NADC is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence.
The National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
The premier trial lawyers from each state who meet a stringent criteria of success.
Nation’s Premier Top Ten Attorney
A prestigious award, recognizing the nation’s top 1% of personal injury attorneys.
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Limited to the best personal injury lawyers with million and multi-million dollar results.
Martindale-Hubbell - Peer Rated for Ethical Standards & Legal Ability
The gold standard in attorney ratings, recognizing legal ability and ethical standards.
Why Choose Staver in Peoria
For more than 20 years, Staver Accident Injury Lawyers has supported injured men and women fighting for rightful compensation. We prepare each insurance claim as though we are going to court. This level of preparedness helps us maximize compensation for clients who trust us with their future.
- Five-Star Reviews – We treat each person with respect, dignity, and compassion. You’re never a case number, and we work tirelessly to help. Some of our clients shared about our client service and results.
- The Staver Difference – Our Peoria personal injury attorneys have a lot to offer.
- 20+ Years of Experience – Our combined years of practice make us a formidable opponent at the negotiating table and in the courtroom.
- Prompt, Personal Attention – Don’t be surprised if your Staver attorney gives you their cell phone number. We stay in touch so that you always know the progress of your claim.
- Maximize Compensation – You didn’t ask to be injured, and you have the right to seek compensation for all the ways you’ve suffered. As lawyers, we negotiate for a fair settlement but will go to court if we must.
- Bold Representation – Our experience and insurance knowledge command attention from insurers. We know when they’re lowballing, and they know we’re serious.
- No Upfront Costs – Our Peoria lawyers don’t add to your financial stress. There’s no fee to talk about your case, and you owe us nothing unless we recover compensation
We take care of all the details so you can take care of yourself. Our proven process is thorough in obtaining the best possible outcome.
- Schedule Your Free Consultation – If you can’t come to us, we’ll meet with you at the hospital, your home, or by phone.
- We Investigate – Let us put our considerable resources to work as we investigate the details of your case.
- Strategize & File Your Claim – After reviewing the evidence, a Peoria personal injury lawyer decides the best way to approach your case. We file and track your claim.
- We Also File a Lawsuit – We file all necessary court documents with the 10th Judicial Circuit Court. The defendant has a chance to respond, and we could settle at any point in this process.
- Discovery & Negotiation – Discovery means that both sides share documentation and evidence about the case. Our attorneys use this information to advance your claim during negotiations.
- Trial & Verdict – If the other side offers a good payout, we’ll settle. If not, your Peoria attorney is by your side from trial to verdict.
If you’ve been hurt, it can be hard to know where to start. We begin every case with a free, no-risk evaluation. We’ll discuss your situation, answer your questions, and determine what comes next. Act now and get the recovery you deserve.
P: 888-988-7612Or fill out our online form
"*" indicates required fields