We are constantly at risk of being involved in a vehicle collision, from using public transportation to walking along the sidewalk or engaging in various recreational activities. Your main focus after any accident must be your recovery and getting your life back to normal. This can be difficult after sustaining terrible injuries. Your medical bills can quickly get out of hand. Having a skilled vehicle accident attorney is essential if you are to recover the damages that you need.
At Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C., our Illinois personal injury attorneys have decades of experience working with the victims of virtually every type of vehicle accident. We understand how complicated your situation can be, and how to help you and your family through the entire process going forward. Do not hesitate to call a knowledgeable and compassionate Illinois vehicle accident lawyer if you or a loved one have been hurt.
I was involved in an accident back in February I retained their services. I was immediately helped professionally by their staff setup for physical therapy. They handled all of my paperwork & correspondence between the insurance company. In as little…
After dealing with another law firm that never returned calls or emails and made me feel like I was a bother, I was referred to Staver by a co-worker that had a good experience with them. From my first call…
Awesome! Everyone I spoke to at the office was very helpful and my phone calls were returned promptly. I was a pedestrian in a hit and run downtown in August 2018 and within 90 days, Staver Law Group was able…
I can not say enough good things about Staver and specifically, Patrick. Not only did they have great communication but they handled EVERYTHING including the negotiations with Blue Cross Blue Shield once I received my settlement. They were realistic and…
Staver Law Group did an excellent job with handling my injury case! I sustained minor injuries from an automotive accident. I walked away with about $16,000 after the firm took their share of the $25,000 total settlement. I have no…
Simply amazing. First time dealing with something like this and I couldn’t have asked for anything better. Everyone I spoke to was very kind and genuine. My career requires me being out of town a lot but they were very…
I would like to thank everyone at Staver, I got fast and more than sufficient results without all the hassle and I heard a lot of other people complain about how they had to keep calling there law group and…
I strongly recommend the Staver law team. I had never needed this service before and since day one the team kept me in great hands like trusting your most trusted family member. Explained everything in my terms and My case…
Excellent service & highly recommended. They are very professional. Very great experience.
The service, guidance, and results Patrick Gill of Staver Law offered was of the highest quality. He acted not only as our advocate and leader through life altering events, but as a partner in our circumstance. His commitment, knowledge, and…
Many Types Of Motor Vehicle Accidents In Illinois
We take many of the vehicles that we use for granted, and just expect them to be reliable and safe. Unfortunately, there are thousands of accidents every year that result in serious injuries. Motor vehicle accident statistics tell us that significant numbers of people fall victims to motor vehicle accidents every year. The Illinois Department of Transportation reports that approximately 65,000 people are injured in car and motorcycle accidents every year in our state. Furthermore, there are over 1,000 people injured in boating accidents every year.
Most people injured or killed in a vehicle accident are caught completely off guard. You can be doing everything right, and still fall victim to a collision caused by another careless person.
Some of the vehicle accidents that we have seen over the years include:
- Bicycle accidents – Biking is popular across Illinois. Whether you take your bike to work, school, or out for fun, you are at risk of being struck by negligent drivers who do not know how to share the road.
- Motorcycle accidents – There are hundreds of annual traffic accidents that involve motorcycles. Many drivers fail to notice motorcycles in their blind spots, or their reckless driving makes it impossible for them to avoid hitting someone on a motorbike.
- Aviation accidents – Private and small commercial planes often do not receive the maintenance that they require. Negligence can easily cause a senseless accident that results in severe harm or death.
- Boating accidents – There are over a quarter million recreation boats registered in Illinois. When boaters are negligent, many collisions and accidents happen on Lake Michigan, the Chicago River, and other state waterways.
- All-terrain vehicles – ATVs are common in many parks and private lands throughout the state. Flipping or colliding into something can cause terrible injuries, and many victims have permanent damage or are even killed.
- Bus accidents – Private and public buses transport people on busy roads, highways, and along heavily congested city streets. An accident with a bus can result in multiple victims with serious injuries.
- Public transportation accidents – Even small accidents with public transportation vehicles or taxi cabs can cause terrible injuries. There are many wrecks each year in Illinois that involve public transportation vehicles.
- Train and railroad accidents – Trains and railroads must be properly maintained and operated. Every year there are numerous accidents that result in many injuries or even death.
- Pedestrian accidents – Foot traffic is extremely prevalent on the state’s many roadways. Being hit by a vehicle while you are on foot can cause terrible harm that may even result in permanent disability or death.
Common Causes Of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Avoiding an accident with a negligent motor vehicle is often impossible. A careless person can be traveling at a high rate of speed, and even the safest driver or pedestrian may not be able to escape a collision. Our attorneys understand how important it is to determine exactly what happened in your accident. The other party may not be cooperating, and clearly demonstrating their fault is essential in recovering what you need. No two accidents are the same, and the specific cause of your collision and injuries will be unique. However, many accidents that we have seen in Illinois are caused by:
- Speeding or reckless driving – Many people in cars, boats, or motorcycles fail to consider the safety of others on the road. A careless driver can make a simple mistake that results in a terrible accident.
- Distracted drivers – People are often distracted by their passengers, mobile phones, or even due to eating while they operate a vehicle. Taking your eyes off the road even for two seconds can result in catastrophe when your vehicle is traveling at a high rate of speed.
- Dangerous conditions or construction zones – Drivers must be careful when they are on damaged roadways or operating a vehicle during poor weather.
- Intoxicated drivers – Drunk drivers kill hundreds of people on Illinois roadways every year. Furthermore, intoxicated people operating boats and ATVs cause many minor and significant collisions.
- Inexperienced drivers – Drivers must be properly trained to operate their vehicles, but this is not always the case regarding cars, recreational boats, and passenger buses. In many cases, employers can be held hold responsible if an accident is caused by an untrained commercial driver.
What To Do After A Motor Vehicle Accident
A serious accident can turn your life upside down. You may have terrible injuries and require extensive medical attention. It’s understandable for anyone to be confused and overwhelmed about what they should do next. Your safety and recovery are the most important things for you and your family. Every accident happens in a different place and under unique circumstances. You may be far away from help, or you may be one of several people badly injured.
Steps that we encourage every motor vehicle accident victim to take include:
- Get to safety – If possible, move to a safe place away from your accident. Do not leave the scene since that can result in legal trouble.
- Call for emergency help – Calling for medical attention as soon as possible will greatly increase the likelihood of a full recovery from your injuries. Give a full report to responding law enforcement if you are able.
- Call your accident lawyer – A skilled motor vehicle accident lawyer can help you with every part of your recovery as you seek compensation from the negligent party. It’s never too early to call your lawyer and discuss your options after an accident.
- Take photos – Take as many photos of your accident and injuries as possible, and share these along with any witness contact information with your lawyer.
- Do not admit any fault – Due to stress and confusion, many accident victims make statements that might make them look culpable. Do not apologize or claim any responsibility, instead just seek emergency help for those at the scene and contact your lawyer.
- Follow through with your medical needs – Many people fail to keep up with their doctors’ orders. This makes your injuries look insignificant, and it could hurt your case for financial recovery.
Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. Can Help
Motor vehicle accidents affect thousands of Illinois families every year. It’s often difficult to physically recover, and you may need extensive medical attention. Your bills and finances can easily get out of control. Having an experienced motor vehicle accident lawyer will be essential. We understand how your accident has impacted your life and are ready to help. We will investigate your accident, identify the liable parties, and negotiate to hold them accountable for the damages you need. This may call for highly technical accident reports, dealing with large companies or governments, and extensive knowledge regarding the Illinois legal system.
Given Illinois’ strict statute of limitations law and all the factors involved, it’s important that you do not delay in calling an experienced motor vehicle accident lawyer after your injury. Let Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. gather the evidence, contact the relevant witnesses, and fight for what you deserve.
To speak with a knowledgeable Illinois motor vehicle accident lawyer, contact us today. Call Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. at (217) 528-9955 or contact us online. We offer free, no-risk consultations and we are only paid when you recover compensation.
At Staver, we have the awards that matter to you.
The Nation’s Top One Percent
The NADC is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence.
The National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
The premier trial lawyers from each state who meet a stringent criteria of success.
Nation’s Premier Top Ten Attorney
A prestigious award, recognizing the nation’s top 1% of personal injury attorneys.
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Limited to the best personal injury lawyers with million and multi-million dollar results.
Martindale-Hubbell - Peer Rated for Ethical Standards & Legal Ability
The gold standard in attorney ratings, recognizing legal ability and ethical standards.
If you’ve been hurt, it can be hard to know where to start. We begin every case with a free, no-risk evaluation. We’ll discuss your situation, answer your questions, and determine what comes next. Act now and get the recovery you deserve.
P: 888-988-7612Or fill out our online form
"*" indicates required fields