We understand what you’re going through and how to maximize compensation for your losses.
Champaign-Urbana car accident victims don’t have to fight for compensation alone.
For over 20 years, Staver Accident Injury Lawyers have helped injured individuals win settlements and verdicts that let them move on with life after an accident. Our experienced and compassionate car accident attorneys recovered millions of dollars because we know how to deal with insurance companies.
Contact a Champaign car accident attorney today if a reckless driver injured you or caused you to lose a family member. Call Staver at (888) 321-1758 or contact us online for a free initial consultation. There are no up-front costs, and we’re paid only when you recover compensation.
Car Accidents in Champaign-Urbana
Statewide, there were 312,988 crashes statewide, with 1,010 fatalities in 2020. And according to the Illinois Department of Transportation, car accidents frequently occur in Champaign and Urbana.
The most common car accidents include:
The most common type of accident is a rear-end collision. When the car in the back strikes the vehicle in front, injuries often include whiplash, traumatic brain injuries, and spinal trauma.
Severe injuries and a higher risk for loss of life occur after a head-on collision, especially at high speeds. These crashes happen when the front ends of two vehicles collide.
Side-Impact (T-Bone) Accidents
A side impact accident is a crash where one vehicle strikes another at an angle. Intersections and turns are typical factors in side-impact crashes.
Rollover accidents occur when a vehicle tips or flips onto its side or roof during the crash. Although less common than other traffic accidents, rollovers have a higher fatality rate.
Hit and Run Accidents
Drivers who flee the scene after a crash face criminal and civil penalties. Collecting compensation following a hit and run is challenging but possible.
Fatal Car Accidents
Whether the cause was a drunk driver, reckless driving, or a distracted driver, you have the right to seek compensation for the loss of a loved one.
After the Accident Dos & Don’ts
Staver Accident Injury Lawyers are passionate about protecting the rights of accident victims. Hard-working people injured by negligence or wrongdoing deserve every dollar they’re entitled to.
You can help your situation with these post-accident suggestions and actions to avoid.
- Call a car accident lawyer in Champaign-Urbana ASAP.
- Keep all receipts, bills, and invoices.
- Follow through with your doctor on a treatment plan.
- Write down what you remember from before and after the crash.
- Speak to the insurance company without a lawyer.
- Answer any questions from the insurance adjuster except for basic facts (date and time of the crash, make and model of your car).
- Post pictures and comments about the accident on social media.
- Discuss your case with anyone except your attorney.
At Staver, we have the awards that matter to you.
The Nation’s Top One Percent
The NADC is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence.
The National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
The premier trial lawyers from each state who meet a stringent criteria of success.
Nation’s Premier Top Ten Attorney
A prestigious award, recognizing the nation’s top 1% of personal injury attorneys.
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Limited to the best personal injury lawyers with million and multi-million dollar results.
Martindale-Hubbell - Peer Rated for Ethical Standards & Legal Ability
The gold standard in attorney ratings, recognizing legal ability and ethical standards.
A Champaign-Urbana Car Accident Attorney Can Help
There is no such thing as a “minor” car accident that leaves you injured and with bills. It is your right to call a car accident lawyer in Urbana to help you recover damages.
Illinois has complex negligence laws that a car accident lawyer can navigate on your behalf. Working with an attorney allows you to focus on your health and well-being. Injured individuals in Champaign know that they can turn to our legal for help, including:
- Investigate the cause and circumstances of the crash
- Identify liable parties
- Secure evidence of liability & proof of injury
- Valuate damages
- File your insurance claim
- Negotiate a fair settlement
- Take the other party to court if negotiations break down
Statute of Limitations in Illinois
You have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit for bodily injuries and property damage. Your case doesn’t have to be completed by this deadline, but you must file or risk the court dismissing your complaint.
Proving Liability for a Car Accident
A Champaign car accident lawyer collects evidence, testimony, and documentation to determine liability against the other party. To effectively pursue financial compensation, your claim must:
- Establish that the other driver owed you a duty of care.
- The other driver breached this duty of care in some way.
- This breach of duty caused your injuries.
- These injuries resulted in medical bills, lost pay, emotional trauma, and other damages.
The other party’s insurance company will strenuously try to deny liability and avoid paying what you deserve. An Urbana car accident lawyer fights to get you the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
Compensation for Car Accident Injuries
You may pursue compensation for economic and non-economic losses. These losses directly result from your injuries and should be included in your insurance claim.
Economic losses are specific and tangible expenses. These often include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost pay
- Reduced earning ability
- Disability or disfigurement
- Property damage
- Funeral & burial expenses
Also called general damages or emotional losses, these include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress
Why Choose Staver Accident Injury Lawyers
Our founder, award-winning attorney Jared Staver, works with a legal and professional team dedicated to getting results for our clients. We’re an Illinois-based law firm that helps injured and disabled people recover maximum compensation from the parties responsible for their pain.
It’s not as simple as it sounds. Insurance companies are notorious for placing obstacles in the way of fair and full compensation for accidents caused by negligence or unlawful acts. We get results because of our relentless pursuit of financial recovery and justice.
- We’re 100% Engaged – We work for you. You’ll have an assigned attorney you can reach anytime you have a question or concern.
- Decades of Experience – Our attorneys have handled every type of car accident, and we’re incredibly comfortable in the courtroom.
- We’re Aggressive Negotiators – We’re skilled at countering lowball offers to get you the compensation you deserve.
- We Don’t Add to Your Financial Pressure– There are no up-front costs, and you pay nothing unless you receive compensation.
Our Claims Process
With millions of dollars recovered for clients, our car accident lawyers are ready to work on your case. Although past results don’t guarantee future outcomes, your chances of receiving a settlement increase when you work with a lawyer.
- Free Initial Consultation – We offer free consultations at our office, at your home, hospital, or by phone.
- Get the Facts – Our car accident lawyers in Urbana have the resources to determine what and who caused the accident.
- File the Claim – We send a detailed claim and copies of all relevant information to the insurance company. We also may file a personal injury lawsuit to get information from the other side.
- Negotiate a Settlement – Our Urbana car accident lawyers negotiate until we bring you an offer that covers your expenses.
- Collect a Payout or Go to Court – Many car accident cases settle. A few go to court, particularly those with significant damages. Either way, Staver is with you.
Call to Recover the Compensation You Deserve
If you have injuries or lost a loved one in a car accident, call an injury lawyer in Champaign-Urbana. We’ve recovered money for car accident victims in similar circumstances. You have a limited time to pursue legal action, so contact Staver Accident Injury Lawyers today.
Call 888-321-1758 or use our online form to schedule a free, no-risk consultation.
$0.00 Consultation – Available 24/7
If you’ve been hurt, it can be hard to know where to start. We begin every case with a free, no-risk evaluation. We’ll discuss your situation, answer your questions, and determine what comes next. Act now and get the recovery you deserve.
E: email@example.comOr fill out our online form
"*" indicates required fields