October 21, 2019
Considering Future Medical in Car Accident Settlements
Car accident settlements must do their best to return your life to normal. However, this is generally very difficult. Among many other things, you may have mounting medical bills. Many accident victims have a hard time returning to work in order to earn a living.
You have the right to seek compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering that you experience. It’s important to have a knowledgeable car accident lawyer working for you. The insurance companies involved will be trying to pay out as little as possible. An experienced lawyer can work to make sure that all of your future medical expenses are properly calculated and secured in a settlement.
The legal team at Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. has worked with many victims. We understand how it’s necessary that you recover all of the financial help that you deserve. To speak with one of our lawyers in Chicago, call us today at (217) 528-9955 or use our online contact form.
Car Accident Victims Often Need Extensive Medical Attention
The injuries that you sustain in a wreck can be extensive. It’s common for many accident victims to be overwhelmed and uncertain if they will ever be fully back to normal. Fully recovering from your physical harm will require staying focused on your medical treatment. This is often a challenge since many accident victims are worried about their medical bills as well as the financial and personal needs of their close loved ones. Our lawyers know how important financial recovery is for you and your family as your get your lives back on track after a terrible auto collision.
Once your condition has stabilized you may or may not be released from the hospital. For many people this is only the start of their long term medical needs. Future medical care can be extensive, and it must be taken seriously. Every accident injury is different, but some of the most common ongoing medical needs of those in car accidents include:
- Corrective surgeries – Injuries that you have may need surgery in the months and years that follow. This can be for many reasons such as to improve mobility or remove medical devices inserted earlier on in your treatment.
- Special doctors’ visits – In addition to normal doctor visits, you may need medical professionals to routinely check on your injuries in order to make sure they are healing properly.
- Physical therapy – Regaining normal health may require therapy that keeps your body active in order to build strength and coordination. This is often needed in order to allow accident victims to enjoy life as they did before the accident.
- Emotional counseling – Those who experience violent accidents often suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Therapy can go a long way to overcoming PTSD and helping you live a normal life.
How A Lawyer Can Help Secure Your Future After A Car Accident
Insurance providers seek to reduce their liability to pay significant sums of money to those with valid claims. This can be an extremely difficult situation for you if you or a loved one have suffered a catastrophic car accident. Future medical care in the months and years that follow a car accident cannot be ignored if you are to properly heal. Those hurt due to the negligence of others have the right to recover damages for all of their ongoing medical needs.
Our lawyers have negotiated with many insurance providers on behalf of our clients. It’s never too early to hire an experienced lawyer. Building a strong case is essential to convince the insurance companies to offer you a fair settlement. They do not want to lose at trial, and they are much more likely to offer you an acceptable financial settlement if your lawyer is known to aggressively fight for their clients. Our legal team helps secure the future medical needs of our clients by focusing on the following:
- Working closely with doctors – Damages must be demonstrated if fair compensation is going to be paid to the victim. We will work with your doctors to fully understand your injuries, the future treatment you will need, and the cost of that treatment.
- Negotiating with all parties – There may be several insurance companies involved, and more than one may need to pay you damages. Clearly presenting your future needs during negotiations will make it clear that you have a strong case and they should offer a reasonable financial settlement.
- Recovering damages at trial – Our attorneys have years of successful trial experience. Taking the other parties to court may be necessary if you are to recover compensation for your current and future medical needs.
Contact Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. Today
A car accident victim will often need medical care that lasts long into the future. Our firm has seen many car accidents, and we know how they can significantly impact the lives of all those involved. A skilled lawyer can investigate your injuries in order to fully understand the medical treatment that you will need as time goes on.
Do not delay in calling experienced legal counsel. Illinois statute of limitations requires that claims for personal injury be filed within two years of your car accident. If you fail to do this your case may be dismissed in court. Furthermore, there is a lot of investigation that your lawyer must do. This involves finding every party who shares responsibility for your accident, and making sure there is a clear understanding of all your future medical needs.
Contact Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. to speak with a knowledgeable Illinois car accident lawyer. Our firm has helped many people who sustained serious injuries through no fault of their own. Call our office at (217) 528-9955 or use our online contact form.