We understand what you’re going through and how to maximize compensation for your losses.
When someone’s negligence injures you or a loved one, you could be entitled to compensation.
A Peoria car accident lawyer helps you seek damages so you can focus on feeling better. For over two decades, Staver Accident Injury Lawyers have recovered millions in settlements and verdicts. We prepare for each case like we’re going to trial. With no stone unturned, insurance companies know that they cannot lowball our legal team.
Get help from a car accident attorney in Peoria. Contact Staver Accident Injury Lawyers today for a free initial consultation. There are no upfront costs, and you pay only when we recover compensation. Call 888-425-8217 or contact us online for a free initial consultation.
Types of Car Accidents in Peoria
Car accidents have many causes: drunk driving, speeding, fatigue, distracted driving, and more. According to the Department of Transportation, Illinois had over 312,000 traffic accidents in 2020.
Staver Accident Injury Lawyers handles many types of crashes, including:
Fatal Car Accidents
There were over 1,100 car accident fatalities statewide in 2020. Surviving family members could recover wrongful death compensation for funeral expenses, lost income, and the emotional pain of losing a loved one.
Rear-end collisions are often the result of an inattentive driver hitting the vehicle in front. The greater the speed, the more likely the chance of severe injury.
When the front of two cars collide, the results can be fatal. Many head-on collisions happen when a vehicle jumps across the center line and into oncoming traffic.
When two cars collide at an angle between 90 and 180 degrees, it’s a side-impact crash. Drivers and passengers can suffer broken bones and traumatic brain injuries from angle accidents.
Vehicles with a high center of gravity, such as SUVs and trucks, are at greater risk of rolling over on their side or top after impact. Although not as common as other traffic accidents, rollovers are often deadly.
Hit and Run Accidents
It’s against the law to flee the scene of an accident. A motorist hit by a runaway car can file a claim with their uninsured driver’s insurance.
What To Do After a Car Accident
After the initial shock, you may have more questions. The most important action for you is to follow your medical provider’s instructions and contact a Peoria car accident lawyer.
Don’t Talk to the Insurance Company Alone
The at-fault driver’s insurance company may contact you right away. In our experience, many insurance companies try to settle for less than what you need to pay your bills.
If you must talk to an insurance company before speaking to a car accident lawyer, keep your conversation brief. Provide only the minimum facts — date, time, make, and model. Never discuss fault or specifics. Let a car accident attorney protect your rights.
Car Accident Injuries
Always seek medical care after any car accident, even if you think you’re fine. For example, you could have a concussion and not have symptoms until several hours or the next day. Other injuries that victims suffer from a car accident include:
- Broken Bones – Fractured and broken bones are typical of a car accident. Bracing yourself for impact increases the risk of fracturing or breaking bones.
- Soft Tissue Injuries – Your muscles, tendons, and ligaments are susceptible to strain, sprain, and tears. Your body reflexively tightens soft tissues, which causes aches and pains after the accident.
- Whiplash – People associate whiplash with a rear-end collision when the force from behind snaps your head back and forth. However, any violent head motion creates trauma for the neck and upper spine, including side to side.
- Spine & Back Injuries – The spongy discs between your vertebrae may rupture at the force of impact, leading to herniated discs. Some back and spine injuries result in total or partial paralysis.
- Internal Bleeding – Undiagnosed internal bleeding leads to organ failure and potentially death. Symptoms aren’t always apparent, so prompt medical attention is vital after a crash.
At Staver, we have the awards that matter to you.
The Nation’s Top One Percent
The NADC is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence.
The National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
The premier trial lawyers from each state who meet a stringent criteria of success.
Nation’s Premier Top Ten Attorney
A prestigious award, recognizing the nation’s top 1% of personal injury attorneys.
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Limited to the best personal injury lawyers with million and multi-million dollar results.
Martindale-Hubbell - Peer Rated for Ethical Standards & Legal Ability
The gold standard in attorney ratings, recognizing legal ability and ethical standards.
Benefits of a Peoria Car Accident Lawyer
Insurance companies lose money when they pay claims. They look for excuses to compensate you for your physical, emotional, and financial injuries. A car accident attorney helps increase your chances of a fair settlement. Working with a lawyer tells the insurer that you won’t accept less than you deserve.
There are other benefits of working with a car accident lawyer.
- Securing Evidence of Liability – A car accident lawyer in Peoria collects evidence, documentation, and testimony of fault against the other driver. They also obtain medical documentation to determine the extent of your injuries.
- Valuating Your Losses – Knowing how your injuries affect your life and work helps a lawyer evaluate your losses. You may seek compensation for bodily injury and property damage.
- Filing an Insurance Claim – An attorney submits a detailed, documented claim. They also track and manage your claim to help speed up the insurer’s response.
- Negotiating a Settlement – A car accident lawyer knows how much your injuries are worth and negotiates for maximum compensation. If the insurance company won’t play fair, filing a personal injury lawsuit might be necessary.
Statute of Limitations in Illinois
Illinois allows injured individuals two years to file a lawsuit. It takes time to collect evidence and build a case. You’re encouraged to contact a Peoria car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Why Negligence Matters
You must show the insurance company how the other party caused or contributed to your injuries. Someone gets hurt when someone fails to do the right thing or acts recklessly. A car accident attorney knows how to prove negligence.
You may seek compensation to cover your economic and emotional losses due to someone’s negligence.
Economic losses include things like
- Medical treatment (current and future)
- Doctor’s visits
- Lost pay
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage & repairs
- Final expenses
Also called emotional losses, these damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
Why Choose Staver
Not all law firms have the in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience as Staver Accident Injury Lawyers. You deserve a legal advocate who understands the complexities and procedures in a car accident case.
- Proven Results – Our car accident lawyers don’t back down until we achieve the best possible outcome for our clients. Here are some recent case results.
- Personalized Client Service – You’ll always get an answer to your question and receive regular updates. Some of our clients have kindly shared their experiences
- Decades of Experience We know how to build a strong claim, argue your case before a jury, and help you receive top dollar for your pain and loss.
- Skilled Negotiators & Litigators – Our first preference is obtaining a fair settlement, but we are skilled trial lawyers. When negotiations break down, we take the insurance company to court.
- Affordable & Accessible Counsel – As our client, there are no upfront fees. You pay us only when we recover compensation on your behalf.
Our Car Accident Process
Our Peoria car accident lawyers believe in preparation. Each case is different, so we take the time to investigate, identify all liable parties, file your claim, and negotiate for a settlement.
Additionally, our dedicated legal team performs the following as part of our recovery process.
- File a Lawsuit – Filing a personal injury lawsuit and serving the insurance company are practical tools. We’ll be ready if we need to go to court. But we’ll also have all the evidence and documents we’ll need.
- Communicate with the Insurer – We save you hours of hassle and stress by handling all communication with the insurer and other defendants.
- Reject Lowball Offers – An insurer’s first offer is usually too low. Staver won’t accept a lowball offer. We fight for you the same way we would for a family member.
- Pursue the Max – In our experience, most car accident cases settle. But we’ll prepare for everything and argue for everything you deserve.
Call for a Free Consultation
Get help with your insurance claim from a Peoria car accident attorney. For over 20 years, Staver Accident Injury Lawyers have helped thousands of clients recover compensation and justice. You have a limited time to pursue legal action, so contact our firm today.
Call 888-425-8217 or use our online form to schedule a free, no-risk consultation.
$0.00 Consultation – Available 24/7
If you’ve been hurt, it can be hard to know where to start. We begin every case with a free, no-risk evaluation. We’ll discuss your situation, answer your questions, and determine what comes next. Act now and get the recovery you deserve.
E: firstname.lastname@example.orgOr fill out our online form
"*" indicates required fields