We understand what you’re going through and how to maximize compensation for your losses.
For over twenty years, Staver Accident Injury Lawyers has helped thousands of injured people recover the compensation they deserve. We negotiate first but are tough litigators who will take your case to court if necessary.
Let our Rockford car accident lawyers cover all the details, from filing the claim to negotiating a settlement. You pay nothing upfront and owe nothing unless you recover compensation.
Call Staver or contact us online to schedule your free, no-risk consultation.
Car Accidents in Rockford, IL
According to recent Illinois Department of Transportation accident reports, over 7,000 car crashes occurred in Rockford alone. Statewide, there were over 300,000 traffic accidents.
Here are the most common types of car accidents:
Broadside or Angle Accidents
Also known as T-bone accidents, these occur when the front end of one car strikes the side of another, typically at an angle. Broadside wrecks are common at intersections when a driver runs a red light or a stop sign.
Rear-end collisions happen when the front of one car strikes the rear of another. These occur for different reasons, including distracted driving, following too closely, or unsafe turning.
Sideswipe accidents involve two cars traveling in the same or opposite directions. They are often the result of improper lane changes, turns, or failure to remain in the proper lane.
Head-on collisions are among the most deadly. The most common reason for two cars to strike each other front-to-front is one vehicle crossing over the median and into oncoming traffic. They can also happen when someone drives the wrong way on a one-way street.
Rollover accidents involve a car rolling over, often landing upside down or on its side. Rollover accidents carry greater risk of catastrophic injury or loss of life.
Fatal Car Accidents
There were over 1,200 fatal car accidents in Illinois in 2021. The majority happened on city streets during daylight hours.
Common Car Accident Injuries
From moderate to life-threatening, these are the most common accident injuries.
- Whiplash – A sudden, violent impact (such as a rear-end collision) causes your neck to move back and forth in a whiplike motion. Whiplash is a soft tissue injury that doesn’t always appear on an X-ray but is extremely painful.
- Broken or Fractured Bones – It’s natural to brace against impact, but this can lead to broken bones in the feet, legs, hands, and arms. You might not be able to work or perform regular tasks while the bone heals.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) occur when you suffer a blow to the head, disrupting normal brain functions. A concussion is a mild form of TBI. Untreated brain injuries of any kind can become life-threatening.
- Contusions & Cuts – Accident victims often suffer from deep bruises or cuts upon initial and secondary impacts.
- Catastrophic Injuries – Sometimes a car accident causes spinal, neck, and internal injuries so severe that victims become disabled. They might need long-term care at home or in a skilled nursing facility.
At Staver, we have the awards that matter to you.
The Nation’s Top One Percent
The NADC is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence.
The National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
The premier trial lawyers from each state who meet a stringent criteria of success.
Nation’s Premier Top Ten Attorney
A prestigious award, recognizing the nation’s top 1% of personal injury attorneys.
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Limited to the best personal injury lawyers with million and multi-million dollar results.
Martindale-Hubbell - Peer Rated for Ethical Standards & Legal Ability
The gold standard in attorney ratings, recognizing legal ability and ethical standards.
How a Car Accident Lawyer Helps
Working with a Rockford car accident attorney increases your chances of securing fair compensation for your injuries and damages. Illinois has specific liability and negligence laws that must be followed. And insurance companies are infamous for doing all they can to prevent hard-working victims from obtaining rightful compensation.
You deserve a tough but compassionate auto accident lawyer advocating for you.
Get the Max Compensation Possible
You may pursue compensation for all the ways the accident affected your health, job, and future.
Here are the most commonly sought damages for car crashes in Rockford.
Also known as special damages, these losses are tangible, defined losses. Economic damages include:
- Medical care & treatment (present and future)
- Property damage (such as car repairs)
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity due to injuries
- Health insurance deductibles
- Prescriptions & medical equipment (such as crutches)
Also called general damages, non-economic losses involve harming your psychological health, reputation, and personal life, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
In rare cases, you could receive punitive damages. These damages reflect a car accident caused by gross negligence. Punitive damages send a message to others that this behavior will not be tolerated.
Car Accidents Have a Statute of Limitations
Illinois has a two-year statute of limitations for car accident lawsuits, beginning from the date of injury. There are a few exceptions to this deadline. It takes time to build a solid case, so it is in your best interest to start the recovery process as soon as possible.
Why Choose Staver
Staver Accident Injury Lawyers proudly protect the rights of accident victims. Our car accident lawyers have recovered over $30 million in settlements and verdicts in more than two decades of legal service throughout Illinois.
- Decades of Experience – Our litigation team, led by our founder, award-winning attorney Jared Staver, has decades of combined legal experience. Each year that passes further strengthens our reputation as highly effective personal injury attorneys.
- Hands-On Service – We will keep you posted on the progress of your case. Unlike some firms that hand off cases to associates, you’ll have an experienced, dedicated attorney working with you.
- Concern & Compassion – We know that you wouldn’t be our client if you weren’t in pain and seeking financial justice. We do all we can to make your experience as stress-free as possible. See what our clients say about our results and personalized attention.
- Skilled Negotiators & Litigators – Most car accident cases never go to court. Still, our legal team prepares each insurance claim as we would a lawsuit. Our meticulous preparation and in-depth investigation are advantages when negotiating your settlement.
- Affordable Legal Representation – We want clients to enjoy accessible, affordable legal representation. Consultations are always free, and there are no up-front fees. You pay only when we recover compensation on your behalf.
Our Car Accident Lawyers Can Help
A car accident attorney in Rockford understands how to help you pursue compensation for a crash you didn’t cause. We fight for every dollar you deserve. Contact Staver Injury Accident Lawyers today for a free, no-risk consultation. You pay nothing unless you receive compensation.
$0.00 Consultation – Available 24/7
If you’ve been hurt, it can be hard to know where to start. We begin every case with a free, no-risk evaluation. We’ll discuss your situation, answer your questions, and determine what comes next. Act now and get the recovery you deserve.
E: email@example.comOr fill out our online form
"*" indicates required fields