October 7, 2019
Truck Drivers Claim Poor Brake Maintenance Causes Crashes
Many recent accidents across the United States have brought concerns over truck brakes to the forefront of the transportation industry. A truck with defective brakes can cause an accident that kills or injures numerous innocent victims. These incidents are very complex, and you need to call an experienced truck accident lawyer immediately if you or a loved one have been injured through no fault of your own.
Our attorneys at Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. know how serious your damages can be after suffering from a truck accident. Contact us today to discuss your case with a lawyer and begin the process of recovering compensation from the negligent party. Call our office in Chicago at (217) 528-9955 or use our online contact form.
Failing Brakes Are Causing Many Deadly Accidents
There are many thousands of deadly truck collisions in our country every year. Hundreds are seriously injured in Illinois alone. Truckers have recently noticed that many accidents are happening when vehicle brakes fail. These wrecks are avoidable, but unfortunately vehicles are not always prepared for the intense driving conditions that they experience. The failure of a brake system on a large truck can inflict damage on many other vehicles. This is common not only on Illinois highways such as Interstates 90 or 290, but even on city streets. Accidents that people experience due to poor brake maintenance on trucks include:
- Rear end collisions – A truck with bad brakes might be unable to stop in time to avoid hitting the back of your car. Rear end accidents can cause terrible injuries and death, and this is especially true with then involve a truck.
- Roll over accidents – A truck that has lost control due to brake failure can easily roll over as the driver tries to regain control. This can cause the truck trailer to fall on your vehicle, or it can push your car into another car or obstacle.
- T-bone accidents – Vehicles with damaged brakes can run through stop signs or lights and hit other unsuspecting cars. Trucks need to be able to stop as soon as possible when traveling on our city streets.
Who Holds Responsibility For Defective Brakes On A Truck
Truck accidents are generally very complex. The technical details involved often make it challenging to determine exactly what happened. Additionally, the trucking companies and their insurance providers may be aggressively fighting to avoid paying out any more than the absolute minimum in financial damages. This puts the victims of truck accidents in very difficult positions. Your injuries can be complex, and they may affect you for years or even the rest of your life. It’s essential to have an experienced truck accident lawyer working for you if you are to recover the financial help that you need.
Our accident lawyers have worked on many Illinois truck accident cases. We understand how to investigate the cause and determine the parties responsible. These cases require the studying of significant amounts of evidence. This means reviewing police reports, medical records, witness statements, and even accident reconstruction data. Poor brake maintenance could be the fault of one or several of the following parties:
- The trucking company – Commercial truck companies must follow safety regulations and take reasonable steps to make sure that their vehicles are in safe operating condition. Furthermore, they must make sure to hire competent drivers who know how to safely operate and care for their trucks.
- The truck driver – Some drivers own their own vehicles, and are solely responsible for their maintenance. Drivers must also be sure to use the brakes properly so as to not blow them out while driving on a busy highway.
- Third parties – Truckers and their employers can do everything right, but an accident can occur if a third party maintenance crew fails to do their job. This can involve maintenance professionals who do not know how to care for vehicles, or those who are cutting corners in order to reduce costs.
A Lawyer From Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. Can Help You
Being hit by a reckless or negligent truck driver can turn your life upside down. You may need long term medical attention, and it can be difficult to return to normal daily life. Medical bills can add up while you may also be unable to return to work. You have the right to seek damages from the responsible party, but your case can be very complex.
Truck companies will work hard to reduce their liability, even in cases where it’s obvious that they failed to properly maintain a vehicle. Contact a skilled truck accident lawyer immediately. Having a knowledgeable truck collision lawyer will allow for a strong case to result in the financial help you need. Contact Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. to speak with a skilled Chicago truck accident lawyer today. We can help you understand your options after you or a loved one have been injured through no fault of your own. Call our office at (217) 528-9955 or use our online contact form