Where To Get Medical Treatment After a Car Accident in Springfield, Illinois

Posted in: Car Accidents

The most important thing you can do after a car accident is to seek medical treatment. You should immediately go to an emergency room or a trauma center. Then, you must follow up with your primary care doctor and get all suggested ongoing treatment.

If you have questions about what steps to take after an accident or need resources, contact Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. We offer more than just legal advice. Call us at (312) 236-2900 or use our online contact form to reach out.

Where To Get Emergency Medical Treatment in Springfield

You should always go to the ER or a trauma center after a car accident. This will ensure your injuries are stabilized, and it will establish a baseline for the severity of your injuries. The insurance company will want to see these records, and if they do not exist, they may claim you were not injured as a direct result of the crash.

The best place to go after a wreck is a trauma center. Trauma centers have special doctors and nurses who know how to treat common trauma injuries like traumatic brain injuries, whiplash, and broken bones. There are different levels of trauma centers in Illinois. Level 1 trauma centers provide the highest level of care, while Level 2 centers offer a lower level of care and may transfer you to a Level 1 center if you are severely injured.

The Southern Illinois Trauma Center at Memorial is the only Level 1 trauma center in the Springfield region. It has a team of surgeons, nurses, and support staff who can help patients. SITC at Memorial treats approximately 1,200 patients each year.

If you are unable to go to a trauma center, you can also go to an emergency room or urgent care center, such as:

Even if you don’t get emergency care right after your wreck, you can go when symptoms or pain worsen. Some injuries don’t show up until hours or days after a wreck. You should get help right when you notice you are injured.

Get Ongoing Medical Treatment

Ongoing medical care is also crucial after a wreck. The insurance company will want to see that you are doing everything possible to get better. If you don’t have treatment records that show you are still seeing a doctor, they may accuse you of not being seriously hurt or not having pain and suffering.

You can go to your primary care physician or a specialist that your emergency medical team recommended. If you don’t have a regular doctor or need to find a specialist, you can use the Find a Doctor web page on the Memorial Medical Center site. You can search by name, gender, and specialty online.

Call Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. When You’re Able

After you get emergency medical treatment and you’re able, call Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. We have worked with thousands of victims like you. With an office conveniently located at 920 South Spring St., Suite 1800 in Springfield, we can be available when you need us.

Call us at (312) 236-2900 or use our online contact form to reach out.